Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes.
We provide a unique combination of first-class IIoT technology and its delivery with powerful financial and insurance offerings — all from a single source trusted by hundreds of companies worldwide. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, France, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark - the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
Relayr's category management team enables our customers to unleash the power of the Industrial IoT. We strive to ensure success and lasting impact across industries.
As Business Strategy Executive for our Elevator Category you are responsible for developing and implementing our go-to-market strategy. You will enable the Sales team to build their pipelines and train them to address the right customers in the right way. Together with the Category Product Manager you will align the product strategy with value proposition for our customers.
You will open doors to approach strategic partners in the Elevator domain and help them develop business models based on our value stack.
The Business Strategy Executive is a key role for growing the relayr Elevator Category segment with the responsibility to work in alignment with relayr Account Executives and enable them to address the right accounts with the right value proposition, and jointly prepare and execute large scale deals.
This role requires deep knowledge of the elevator industry and all market players involved, as well as an open mindset to challenge the status quo with C-level management. Understanding key business imperatives that are impacting the service providers, OEM’s, certification & inspection authorities and associations, as well as the needs and drivers of facility management.
The successful candidate will establish him/herself as a trusted advisor to customers, partners, and various stakeholders internally at relayr; with the key goal to support relayr Sales team and ensure sales targets are met and exceeded. Based in Munich, Berlin or any major city in Germany and willing to travel frequently.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Develop new business models with clients and partners in line with the Category strategy.
- Together with the Category Team (including Product Management, Research and Marketing), define value propositions and create customer pitches for the Elevator Category.
- Explore new ways to enter old and new markets and support the field sales in executing your go-to-market strategy.
- Find new distribution channels and establish them, as well as assess interesting geo-locations to distribute our solutions and services.
- Interface with field sales and specific relayr sales experts for the vertical transportation market to develop their pipeline.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key accounts and partners to develop our business in line with our strategy.
- Advise your market entry partners in developing business models in line with our value proposition and our value stack.
- Effectively articulate the business value in ways that resonate with elevator industry clients.
- Work collaboratively with a virtual cross functional team including Sales, Solution Engineering and Field Marketing.
- Support the development of branding and messaging of relayr’s Elevator Category.
- Bring in real-world expertise from the elevator or building management industry to complement the strategic sales activities at relayr.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in business-related or technical discipline.
- A persistent self-starter with a proven track record of consistently exceeding corporate objectives.
- Deep understanding of elevator and/or building management industry and services around it.
- 12+ years of total experience, with a combination of Strategic Selling, Business Development, Solution Development, Account Management.
- Strategic thinker who is able to blend technology and business strategy.
- A personal desire to work in an entrepreneurial small-company culture, and ability to play multiple roles from strategic planning to leading customer acquisition.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish immediately the necessary credibility through all levels of the organization to influence and coach other leaders.
- Exceptional customer-facing skills and presentation skills to C-Level management.
- Working experience with a strategic consultancy preferred.
- A good understanding of the latest technology trends and experience in the industrial market.
- Proficiency with standard corporate productivity tools and experienced user of Salesforce.com
- Consultative mindset.
- Flexible office environment and a modern office located in Berlin Kreuzberg or Munich Central Tower with a relaxation room, standing-desks, free fruits and drinks
- Relayrians come from all over the world, speak 20+ languages (working language is English), and welcome people of all ages and parental statuses. Our customers are as diverse as we are - join us to connect with a network of companies and people from around the globe
- An extensive on-boarding period so you can get up to speed with the rest of the team
- A learning environment where you can build upon your skills and interests, share knowledge, access our expanding professional library, and attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline. We also offer free German classes at all levels
- Have some fun with regular team lunches and offsites, a yearly company summit, and our branded goodies
- Competitive salary
- We fully support your move to Berlin or Munich with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city!
- 25 paid vacation days + public holidays
Sound interesting? Please use the link to apply:
At relayr, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As firm believers in the power of different perspectives, we encourage our employees to share knowledge and exchange bold ideas to help innovation in the IoT industry thrive.We are committed to creating a fair, supportive, and open environment for all.